The Mission of Canterbury Clinic is to provide a multi-disciplinary approach to the care and treatment of patients who are chemically dependent with emphasis on HIV+ patients and to undertake patient-centred research in support of its clinical and psychosocial objectives.
Many drugs of choice work as effective immuno-suppressants with diagnosis and treatment complicating symptomology. Further use of these substances can precipitate earlier onset and more severe episodes of illness.
The lack of consideration of the dual focus of health management and chemical dependency results in a lack of continuity of patient services and many of the similar issues may be addressed with conflicting therapies or perhaps not addressed by either discipline.
The Canterbury Clinic's approach is to deliver an effective, inclusive, multi-disciplinary response to the dual focus of health management and chemical dependency.
- Methadone Treatment
- HIV testing for drug users or their partners as well as ongoing follow-up
- Referrals to drug/alcohol treatment centres that are sensitive to an individual's needs
- Continuous care including ongoing follow-up
- Information and referrals to various community services
- Health Education
Alternative Health Services
- Individual counselling with focus on optimizing health.
- Orthomolecular therapy, (vitamins and supplements), for drug addiction.
To reach us, please call (416) 961-8282 and we can set up an appointment for you.
There are no fees for our services. Canterbury Clinic is funded through private and corporate charitable donations. Your donations are welcome.
Send us your comments Canterbury Clinic or make note of our email address for later use: firstname.lastname@example.org
This site is maintained by Geeta KapurCopyright ©1997
Clini Tox Inc.